CVSU is a charity that supports and advises the community and voluntary sector in Uttlesford. We also deliver services that address loneliness and isolation, and are working to increase digital inclusion within our district.
We are very proud of the contribution the voluntary sector makes to the lives of people in Uttlesford, and we work in partnership with local organisations to ensure that we have an inclusive and successful voluntary sector with a positive future.
We work with a wide range of groups, providing professional specialist services and advising on a range of issue including funding, governance, and set up and we also have an important role in disseminating information through the sector.
In March 2020 we launched the Uttlesford Community Response Hub, working in partnership with Volunteer Uttlesford and UDC Communities Team. The hub is our response to the isolation of the COVID-19 pandemic, providing shielding and self-isolating residents with access to medicines, food, friendship and advice.
By calling 03333 408218 you can access the following services:
- Volunteers who will deliver shopping or prescriptions to shielding or self-isolating residents
- Call Companions – weekly phone calls for a chat and check in
- Signposting to a range of charities and voluntary groups who can help Uttlesford residents
- Safer at Home – our handy person service carrying out home and garden maintenance
- Visiting Friendship Dogs – our greyhounds and handlers visit you for social contact and exercise
- Drinks with Community Links – our mobile community hub that visits villages and communities
- Walking Buddies – volunteer supported weekly walks
- Winter Warmth – through the COVID Winter Grant we are able to provide financial assistance with heating and utility bills this winter, in addition to food vouchers, winter warmth packs and help with essential living costs.
The Community Response Team are available to take your calls Monday to Friday between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. You can leave a message outside these times.
Household Support Grant
Please note: The Household Support Grant held by CVSU has now been fully allocated. Other groups in Uttlesford may still have funding available – please contact Uttlesford Citizens Advice or Mind in West Essex.
Ukraine Support in Uttlesford