The Council for Voluntary Service Uttlesford (CVSU) is a charitable company with 31 years experience of supporting the voluntary sector
CVSU’s primary purpose is to support, advise, develop and strengthen the voluntary sector in Uttlesford.
We are very proud of the contribution the voluntary sector makes to the lives of people in Uttlesford, and we work in partnership with local organisations to ensure that we have an inclusive and successful voluntary sector with a positive future.
We work with a wide range of groups, providing professional specialist services and advising on a range of issue including funding, governance, and set up and we also have an important role in disseminating information through the sector.
Uttlesford Community Response Hub
In March 2020 we launched the Uttlesford Community Response Hub, working in partnership with Volunteer Uttlesford and UDC Communities Team. The hub is our response to the isolation of the COVID-19 pandemic, providing shielding and self-isolating residents with access to medicines, food, friendship and advice.
By calling 03333 408218 you can access the following services:
- Visiting Friendship Dogs – our greyhounds and handlers visit you for social contact and exercise
- Drinks with Community Links – our mobile community hub that visits villages and communities
- Safer at Home – our handy person service carrying out home and garden maintenance
- Walking Buddies – volunteer supported weekly walks
- Volunteers who will deliver shopping or prescriptions to shielding or self-isolating residents
- Signposting to a range of charities and voluntary groups who can help Uttlesford residents.
If you need help getting shopping, prescriptions or need a friendly voice to talk to, give the hub a call on 03333 408218. We’re open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. You can leave a message outside these times and we will call you back as soon as possible.