The Council for Voluntary Service Uttlesford (CVSU) is a charitable company with 31 years experience of supporting the voluntary sector
CVSU’s primary purpose is to support, advise, develop and strengthen the voluntary sector and community groups in Uttlesford as well as providing representation at strategic level on behalf of the sector
We are very proud of the contribution the voluntary sector makes to the lives of people in Uttlesford and we work in partnership with local organisations to ensure that we have an inclusive and successful voluntary sector with a positive future.
We work with a wide range of groups, providing professional specialist services and advising on a range of issue including funding, governance, and set up and we also have an important role in disseminating information through the sector.
In addition to providing support for charities and voluntary groups, we also deliver a range of services for residents of Uttlesford district. Click a link below for more information:
- Visiting Friendship Dogs – our greyhounds and handlers visit you for social contact and exercise
- Dunmow Dementia Cafe – a community group for people living with dementia and their carers
- Drinks with Community Links – our mobile community hub that visits villages and communities
- Safer at Home – our handy person service carrying out home and garden maintenance
- Essex Shed Network – local men’s groups based in community sheds
- Walking Buddies – volunteer supported weekly walks
- Weight Management – help with reducing your weight. No groups – just weekly weigh ins and guidance
Uttlesford Community Response Hub
In March 2020 we launched the Uttlesford Community Response Hub, working in partnership with Volunteer Uttlesford and UDC Communities Team. The hub is our response to the isolation of the COVID-19 pandemic, providing shielding and self-isolating residents with access to medicines, food, friendship and advice.
Although lockdown restrictions are easing in May 2021, we are continuing to operate the hub service, as many residents have found it to be a vital lifeline.
If you need help getting shopping, prescriptions or need a friendly voice to talk to, give the hub a call on 03333 408218. We’re open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. You can leave a message outside these times and we will call you back as soon as possible.