Uttlesford is a predominantly rural district covering 56 parishes with a population of over 86,000 residents. Over 20% of the population are over 65 years of age and this proportion is set to rise sharply in the next 10 years.
On the surface, Uttlesford appears to be prosperous, however there are significant pockets of rural isolation and disadvantage. CVS Uttlesford is delivering projects in the community to support those residents facing these challenges.
Our current programmes and activities for Uttlesford residents include:
- Visiting Friendship Dogs – our greyhounds and handlers visit you for social contact and exercise
- Dunmow Dementia Cafe – a community group for people living with dementia and their carers
- Drinks with Community Links – our mobile community hub that visits villages and communities
- Safer at Home – our handy person service carrying out home and garden maintenance
- Essex Shed Network – local men’s groups based in community sheds
- Walking Buddies – volunteer supported weekly walks
- Weight Management – help with reducing your weight. No groups – just weekly weigh ins and guidance