CVSU’s primary purpose is to support the voluntary sector in Uttlesford. We do this by providing a range of professional specialist services and advising on a range of issues including funding, governance and set up. We also have an important role in disseminating information.
In summary CVSU can;
- Provide specialist information and support to enable local people to develop the skills needed to run successful voluntary groups.
- Spread good practice, encourage joint working, and identify duplication of effort
- Work with groups to identify funding streams and give support through the whole application process
- Encourage partnership working to develop new and maintain existing local projects to help strengthen communities
- Monitor existing services and engage with local people to identify unmet need and work with a range of agencies to find a way to address this need, especially in relation to the Public Health agenda.
- Promote equality and diversity by understanding of the needs of disadvantaged and minority groups.
- Help public bodies to engage effectively with local voluntary organisations and community groups and ensure policy makers understand the needs of local voluntary organisations and community groups.
CVSU members are able to access our payroll, book keeping and website building service at community rates, in addition to receiving our regular funding bulletins and support with grant applications, monitoring and evaluation.
For further information contact: