Since March 2020 CVSU has been focusing on providing community support for the people of Uttlesford affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Working in partnership with Volunteer Uttlesford and UDC Communities Team, we established the Uttlesford Community Response Hub – a telephone based service handling request for food, prescriptions and coordinating volunteers across the district. During our first twelve months of operation we achieved the following:
- Recruited 349 volunteers
- Completed 2,200 shopping trips
- Delivered 3,516 prescriptions
- Made 3,500 friendship telephone calls
- Completed 60 befriending visits
- Distributed 977 Christmas Gift parcels
- Distributed 76 slow cookers and recipe cards
- Responded to 299 additional help requests
- Made referrals to 79 partner agencies
We have extended the hub offer, so residents can also access our Friendship Dog visits, help from the Safer at Home team, and be referred to Foodbank and mental health services.
The Hub team are working closely with the Social Prescibers in both north and south Uttlesford, ensuring a joined up approach to delivering the help our most vulnerable community members need.