Calling all charities, social enterprises and voluntary groups in Uttlesford District. We are offering a half day introduction to Mental Health Awareness session on 31st August 2018 in Dunmow
An introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health. It is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. Limited to 25 places so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while learning.
You will receive:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
There is no onsite parking however vehicles may be parked in the church car park approximately 150 metres away
Please visit our Eventbrite page:
Places on the training are free, but we are requesting a donation towards the cost of the course materials for each participant. Please donate if you can. Thank you.