Comic Relief Core Strength – Local Communities Programme – Essex
Application Deadline: 20 April 2018
Grants are available for the essential core running costs for small, locally led community organisations in Essex, Southend and Thurrock that are working to make their communities more connected, empowered and productive.
Maximum Value: £ 10,000 Minimum Value: £ 1,000
The Comic Relief scheme is provided by Comic Relief and administered locally by the Essex Community Foundation.
There are still many communities in the UK that suffer from economic and social deprivation and the current economic climate may make this situation worse. This programme aims to empower local people, enabling them to create lasting change in their communities.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an annual income of £100,000 or under for the last full financial year.
- Have been running activities for at least 12 months.
- Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area.
- Have limited access to other sources of income.
- Clearly define the need they are addressing.
- Clearly demonstrate the benefit of their activities to local people.
- Illustrate how they aim to deliver social outcomes.
- Provide clear evidence that the services they provide are inclusive to all.
This funding is to support core running costs or organisational development costs. Funding cannot be used for direct project delivery.
- The funding is for work that addresses at least one of the following priorities:
- Connected communities – seeking to improve inclusion and cohesion in communities.
- Productive communities – investing in local residents to help them solve the issues they are facing using local people and resources.
- Empowered communities – working to empower marginalised and disadvantaged communities
Priority will be given to:
- Those that are new to Comic Relief and/or Community Foundation funding.
- Those in areas of high deprivation.
- Those in geographically underfunded areas.
- Those with lived experience, where people directly affected by the issues are involved in all levels of the organisation.
- Those with innovative approaches, to respond to clearly defined need.
Contact the Essex Community Foundation for further information and to request an application form.
Essex Community Foundation
121 New London Road
Telephone: 01245 356018
CVSU Funding Advice and Support
Our funding support service continues to be very popular providing a professional step by step guide through the funding service
As well as supplying funding information to all members and those organisations requesting information about specific Funds, we conduct in depth advice sessions. Recent applications for funding from local groups have been sought for a variety of purposes from a scout troop minibus to playground equipment, from training costs to church repairs. Three large building projects are also ongoing.
Monthly funding bulletins are emailed to those subscribing to the service.
Funding opportunities are also highlighted in our newsletter which is distributed quarterly.
- If you would like receive the monthly funding e-mail
- If you have a funding enquiry
- If you would like us to publicise a grant or fund
Then please call Jacqueline Davies on 01371 878400 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org