CVS Uttlesford – the community and voluntary sector charity is recruiting a part-time Community Builder on a 12 month contract, to develop existing relationships and create new opportunities for residents in the south of our district. This is a part-time post of twenty hours per week over five days.
Based in Dunmow, you will be working around Uttlesford to develop four new community hubs, create pathways and signposting opportunities for older residents to increase social connections and reduce isolation. People will be better informed about their health and wellbeing and better able to keep safe and well.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £9.33 /hour
Closing date: 2nd August 2019
Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following essential experience:
- Community co-ordination / developing community relationships/activities
- Succesfully engaging others and building positive relationships with external agencies
- Knowledge of charitable organisations and working with charities
- Organising events, activities, and workshops
- Knowledge of social isolation and loneliness and its effects
You will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, have an ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills, be confident in the use of Microsoft Office software and be proficient in the use of social media and the internet. The post holder will be required to use the Frontline referral platform for which training will be provided.
To apply please send CV and covering letter explaining your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com
For an informal conversation about this role, please call Clive Emmett on 01371 878400.