Could you lead a friendly and welcoming Shed Inside Session and help our Shedders engage in practical and social activities in Saffron Walden?
If yes then could you:
- Help set up the session activities – this could be small engineering kits, bird box and bug hotel flat packs, art and craft equipment, games, cards and puzzles. Bringing out tools and raw materials and then clear away at the end.
- Help to engage and support the shedders to take part in the activities. Some shedders may have mobility, eye sight, hearing or dementia challenges.
- Promote friendly conversation and engagement within the group.
- Suggest and talk about other activities the group may wish to try.
It would be good if you had:
- Experience with working with older people and understanding their particular needs
- Ability to help with practical tasks
- Confidence in meeting new people, talking and socialising with them
- An Interest in DIY or possess practical skills
- Ability to encourage participation and instill confidence
- Good communication skills
Cornell Court Shed Inside meets fortnightly on a Wednesday between 2pm and 4pm in Saffron Walden.
To discuss this regular volunteering role please call Richard on 01371 878400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org